What is it about fall that makes us love apples so much? The old saying goes “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, but it doesn’t say “eat only in fall”! I know… it’s apple season, and the very best apples are grown locally and picked fresh. That’s why I love trying apple ideas and recipes this time of year. Here is a new one, but, oh my! These are best eaten fresh, they get a bit soggy later on. I hope you enjoy the warmth of this delicious treat!
Warm Apple Fritters from One Ash Farm Recipes
- 5-6 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup flour
- 2 TBS. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS. milk
- Mix all but the apples until well blended.
- Add in the apples and make sure they are all coated.
- Drop by the spoonful (whatever size you want them to be)
- into about 1″ of hot oil in a frying pan.
- Cook until golden, and the apples are tender.
- Drain on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels.
- Mix until smooth and thick enough to drizzle.
- When slightly cooled, drizzle with icing , and enjoy while still warm!