Everyone loves a good home cooked meatloaf!
Here at One Ash we are always trying new ways to
use our dairy-fed pork that we raise, and this recipe is a delicious change
to the traditional meatloaf, using ground bulk sausage to add spice and flavor.
Try this for your family and see if you will find a new “comfort” food!
A delicious and flavorful twist on an old standby.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 lb. mild bulk sausage
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 9 crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 10 green olives, with pimento, diced
- dash salt and pepper
- Dump all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until well combined.
- (I use my hands for this- it's easier!)
- Form a loaf in a loaf pan, with a little space around the sides.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Carefully drain off the grease.
- Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar with enough ketchup to equal 1/2 cup of sauce.
- Pour over the meatloaf and bake another 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the loaf pan and place on a platter to slice and serve.
One Ash Homestead http://oneashhomestead.com/