~this post contains affiliate links- thanks for your support!~
We love fresh salsa- I mean really love it! This time of year with all of the vine ripened tomatoes and just picked jalapenos we are almost living on the stuff. But it can be time consuming to make….unless you know my trick!
This is my dump and chop recipe for delicious and refreshing salsa. In just a little over 5 minutes you can have a big bowl of this salsa ready to go- just add a bag of chips! It’s super easy, thanks to my non-electric food processor. This has got to be one of my all time favorite “appliances”!! (It comes with a lot of attachments, but I would caution anyone on using the mandolin slicer part….I did have an accident with that!) It is totally worth the (inexpensive) price for the chopper portion of this awesome gadget! Here are pics and the recipe for my salsa- and click HERE to buy the non-electric food processor!
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium jalapeno, sliced in half, seeds removed
- 1/2 sweet onion, quartered
- a small handful of cilantro leaves
- 1 TBS. oregano
- 1 TBS. sea salt
- Dump all of the ingredients in the non-electric food processor
- Chop until you get the desired texture
- Transfer to a bowl (if you can wait!)