Who doesn’t love cranberries? And especially at this time of year?! This easy recipe makes a very moist, tart and spicy, glazed and sweet Cranberry Bread. It is perfect for a light dessert, snack or breakfast bread. Enjoy this unique mix of flavors and taste the season!
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup uncooked oatmeal
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup cranberry sauce (I used my leftover homemade sauce from Thanksgiving!)
1/2 cup milk
2. Stir in the oats.
4. Add the cranberry sauce and milk and beat until well mixed.
5. Add this creamed mix to the dry ingredients in the larger bowl and stir together until just blended.
6. Don’t over mix the batter.
7. Pour the batter into a large greased loaf pan.
8. Bake at 350° for approx. 60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3 TBS. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Mix together in a small bowl until smooth.
-When the bread is completely cooled drizzle the glaze over the loaf.
p.s. I shared this post at the Our Simple Homestead Blog Hop!