Do you need a quick and delicious cookie recipe? This oldie but goodie from One Ash can help you out!
Last night, I wanted an easy (but yummy) dessert to make. After digging around on places like Pinterest and Food.com, I finally found a perfect recipe. The only problem? I didn’t have all the ingredients I needed. Since I was pretty desperate, I made do and changed a few things. I’m glad I did, because these cookies came out marvelous! Check out the recipe for Easy Snickerdoodle Cookies below:
1 box of White Cake Mix
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbs sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
(makes about 50)
- Go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take out your cookie sheets and grease them. Set these aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter, shortening and egg until a bread-like dough forms. Make sure all the ingredients are well blended.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Shape the dough into 1/2″ balls.
- Roll the balls in the sugar and cinnamon mixture, making sure the entire thing is well covered.
- Before you put the cookies in the oven, take a fork and mash each ball down flat, creating the criss-cross pattern on top of the cookie.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool on wire racks for about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with a nice big glass of milk (preferably raw!)
Do you know someone who loves to bake? Great gift ideas are HERE!