Who doesn’t love bacon? It’s…well, it’s just plain delicious. I recently posted about our miraculous discovery of baking bacon (which, by the way, I had no idea there was so much controversy over the smell of bacon!) Now that I’ve learned I can cook bacon while I’m doing other things, I decided that I needed some new recipes to try! So, I reached out to my fellow bloggers over at the Homestead Bloggers Network, checked out some of my other favorite bloggers and picked out some of the most delectable looking recipes. Enjoy!
First off, if you’re like us and raise your own pigs for meat, you might want to learn how to get bacon in the first place. Here are some good resources for you to look at:
- HOMEMADE BACON (DRY CURED AND AIR DRIED) by, The Elliott Homestead. She does a wonderful job of outlining the whole process of how to make your and cure your own bacon in this post.
- MAKIN’ BACON by, Us! This post covers how to cure your bacon with a maple syrup. This is the way we do it and we love it every time!
Now, on to the recipes!
- CREAMY BACON CARBONARA [pasta] By, The Elliott Homestead. Being a HUGE pasta fan (whether it’s good for you or not), this looks like something I will be trying in the very near future!
- BACON WRAPPED VENISON (OR BEEF) TENDERLOIN By, The Prairie Homestead. I don’t know if this would be too much meat for me, but it still looks delicious. I love how she points out the benefits of eating wild game (organic, grass fed, frugality).
- CHEESY CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP WITH BACON By, Learning and Yearning Okay, another great one from Learning and Yearning. I WILL be trying this one this winter on a cold day when I’m just dying for some soup!
- BRUSSELS SPROUT AND SWEET POTATO BACON SAUTE By, Little Sprouts Learning This might be the best Brussels sprouts recipe ever…try it and let me know what you think!
- BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS By, Grace Garden and Homestead I love asparagus. Add bacon to the mix? Oh YEAH.
- BEANS WITH BACON AND KALE By, Grow Forage Cook Ferment We are big bean eaters in this family…I’ll be trying this one soon!