Let’s be honest with ourselves for a moment. Running a household is tough. Things can be going ever so smoothly and then all of a sudden bam out of nowhere you come across something that just makes you want to pull your hair out! Listen, we understand! That’s why we’ve put together this list of 8 life changing tricks (seriously- they will make your life so much easier…and hopefully you will have less hair-pulling-out!)
1. The Sifter– First off, if you don’t own a sifter….well, I understand. They’re hard to find these days. The sifter is a tool in the kitchen that has been essential ever since I can remember. I guess I’ve taken it for granted and never really thought about the fact that others might not have one, or even know what it is. But, here’s a trick- if you don’t have a sifter, you can always use a whisk. Read our whole post on the sifter here>>
2. Taming Cooler and Appliance Odor– Do you ever just get a whiff of something when you open one of your appliances? Whether it be the fridge or the dishwasher, sprinkling some baking soda on the bottom will help absorb the smell. But, cleaning up that baking soda can be a hassle. The trick? Sprinkle the baking soda on a towel instead of directly on the appliance. When you’re ready to clean up, just remove the towel and ta-da no mess! Read our whole post on taming cooler and appliance odors here>>
3. Easy DIY Label Remover– Have you ever just had a label get stuck?! Who am I kidding? We all have. It’s one of those things…you’re going along, minding your own business and then boom a stuck label. You think “I’ll try to get this off really quick”… 30 minutes later, you’re still at it, scrubbing and scratching away. You’d use some of that fancy label remover liquid, but you just ran out last week. Fortunately for you, we have a trick that can be made out of items you probably have around- baking soda & vegetable oil. Get the whole recipe here>>
4. How to Wash Your Miniblinds– Say WHAT?! You’re supposed to do that?! Well…yeah…sorta. I mean, you don’t want all that dust and gunk to build up, do you? This trick is so good, you’ll just have to read the whole post here.
5. Cleaning Burned on Food From Pans– The worst nightmare of worst nightmares (or something like that)- burned on food! I can’t stand when my food gets burned on. I mean, it’s my fault, I leave the pan unattended or don’t stir it like I should….but having to clean the pan after that dreadful mistake? Horrible. Thankfully, I have a little trick that always seems to make the job easier- baking soda. Read all about it here. 6. The Fruit Fly Catcher Face it, no matter how clean and fresh we keep our fruits and vegetables, we all end up with those pesky fruit flies from time to time. Sure you can just remove the offending produce, but how can you really catch those fruit flies and get them out of your kitchen? Here’s the trick>> 7. Freezing Potatoes– Have you ever just had too many potatoes? Well, have you ever thought about freezing them? It works wonderfully! Here’s how you do it>>
Tired of getting water or liquid on your refrigerator shelves from jars? Put some place mats down and take them out to clean as needed- it’s a lot less back-breaking than trying to squeeze in the fridge! See it here>>